Aries: March 21—April 20
Sagittarius: November 22 — December 21
Leo: July 22 — August 22
Fire signs usually make optimistic students. However, you are often impatient and want to make quick progress. It’s difficult for you to concentrate on one thing. You have lots of energy but sometimes you have your head in the clouds and don’t know or care what is going on around you. To make good progress you should try to concentrate on what you are doing today and not on what you want to do tomorrow.
Category Archive: ученикам
Follow these tips if you want to pass your exams with flying colours.
• Get organised: make out a revision timetable for yourself. If you organise your time properly, the results will be much better.
• Prioritise your topics.
• Put all your notes and books into some kind of order.
• Your family and friends shouldn’t interrupt your studies.
• If you find it difficult to concentrate, don’t study at home where you will be easily distracted: go to the library instead.
How much food have we eaten for our life?
The average Frenchwoman will eat many different things by the time she is seventy nine, for example:
2.07 tonnes of fish
5.05 tonnes of potatoes
30 000 litres of milk
13 000 eggs
50 000 loaves of bread
12 000 bottles of wine
9,000 litres of orange juice
1. Love yourself. Almost no one is satisfied with the way he or she looks. Most of us are not like the models we see on TV or in magazines. Remember that you are unique.
2. Be yourself. You cannot be cool all the time. Don’t sacrifice yourself to be with someone who doesn’t respect you, or care about you (you don’t deserve it!)
3. Believe in yourself — if you don’t, how can you expect others to?
4. Always set goals that you can reach. If you have done enough, then award yourself for it. Smile and say: “I did great today”. Say it three times and mean it.
5. Learn the power of colour. Blue is calming, red gives you energy, orange makes you more optimistic, turquoise makes you less shy and more confident in yourself.
Live in the present!
• Live in the present — don’t waste time worrying about how much better things were in the past or what might happen in the future. Most people have perfected the art of living in the now.
• Relax your demands on yourself a bit, most of us expect too much.
• Always be kind with yourself. Be a friend to yourself.
• Discuss your problems with a friend, relative, or some other person. Don’t keep them to yourself.
• Stop whatever you are doing, put your feet up and read your favorite book or watch your favorite TV show. You deserve it!
(What experts think about it)
(By G. Mikes)
When I arrived in England I thought I knew English. After I’d been here an hour I realised that I did not understand one word. In the first week I picked up a tolerable working knowledge of the language and the next seven years convinced me gradually but thoroughly that I would never know it really well, let alone perfectly. This is sad. My only consolation being that nobody speaks English perfectly.
Remember that those five hundred words an average Englishman uses are far from being the whole vocabulary of the language. You may learn another five hundred and another five thousand and yet another fifty thousand and still you may come across a further fifty thousand you have never heard of before, and nobody else either.
Each of the following 40 sentences contains 1 typical mistake. Can you find it?
1. This money isn’t mine. I can’t take them.
2. Volga is the longest river in Russia.
3. Tom has to get up very early now, hasn’t he?
4. I’d like to tell a few words about my family.
5. He’s leaving to London tomorrow.
6. We’ll go to the country if the weather will be fine.
7. Can you explain me this rule?
8. I don’t like rave music. — So do I.
9. Our teacher made us to read the text again.
10. Did you watch TV when I phoned you yesterday?
11. Have you ever been to London? — Yes, I have. I’ve been there last year.
12. Has anybody seen him to leave the room?
13. Which of you want to go to the concert tonight?
14. Look at this man! Are you seeing him?
15. What a nasty weather we are having today!
16. You look tired. Let me to help you.